How long diarrhoea and vomiting last
In adults and kids:
• diarrhoea normally lasts five to 7 days
• vomiting commonly lasts 1 to 2 days
Diarrhoea and vomiting can spread easily When you have a belly bug, you can be infectious to others.
You're most infectious from when the signs begin till 2 days after they've stopped. Stay off school or work until the signs have stopped for 2 days.
To prevent spreading an infection:
• Wash your fingers with soap and water regularly
• Wash dirty clothing and bedding one at a time on a warm wash
• Clean bathroom seats, flush handles, faucets, surfaces and door handles each day
• Make meals for other people, if viable
• Share towels, flannels, cutlery or utensils
• Use a swimming pool till 2 weeks after the symptoms stop